- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information with third parties and cross-border.
- If you have any questions concerning your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
- Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, and identity number.
- Collection and processing of Personal information
SuperCoolStuff only collects and processes personal information that is reasonably necessary for its business functions and activities which include but are not limited to the following instances:
- making an online purchase
- opening an account
- taking part in our promotions, competitions, and surveys (if applicable)
SuperCoolStuff may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analyzing that data together with the information we already hold about you
in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.When you visit our website, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online
media of other companies, SuperCoolStuff may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example, “cookies”.A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier
which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognize you when you visit our website again and to improve
our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This information can be used to enhance
your browser accordingly. In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website from time to time SuperCoolStuff may also collect
relevant personal information. SuperCoolStuff will use such information to provide the services to you. SuperCoolStuff may also use such information for its own internal purposes including –
- establishing and verifying your identity;
- maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
- Storage of personal information
SuperCoolStuff uses all reasonable endeavors to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to eliminate risks of unauthorized access to, and loss,
misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information with reference to accepted technological standards. Our website uses an industry standard 128 bit Cloudfair Server CA certificate
to implement Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to encrypt the transmission of sensitive information between your browser and our web server. SSL security is among the best approaches
available today for secure commerce transactions. Our security encrypts all of your personal information so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Personal information shared
SuperCoolStuff will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any
of our services, you provide your express and informed consent for SuperCoolStuff to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows –
- to third-party companies employed by SuperCoolStuff to provide services for us, including, for example, website hosting and development. These companies require access to your
personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes;
- to transfer SuperCoolStuff’s customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of
the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges, and other regulatory or self-regulatory organizations if SuperCoolStuff is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to –
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
- prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; and/or
- protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or
misrepresent yourself as being someone else, SuperCoolStuff will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
SuperCoolStuff reserves the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes,
for example with advertisers on our website or business associates and partners. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which
can identify any individual consumer in any way.
Accuracy of Information
It is important that the information we have about you is accurate and up to date. If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update
it online. We cannot be liable for any information that is inaccurate and/or obsolete.
Communicating with us
It is very important that the information that SuperCoolStuff has about you is accurate and current. If you would like to receive a copy of the information we hold
Access to your personal information
SuperCoolStuff will provide you with access to any of your personal information it holds (except in limited circumstances recognized by law). If you wish to access
your personal information or have an inquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Before SuperCoolStuff provides you with access to your personal information proof of identity will be required. SuperCoolStuff may, in addition, charge a reasonable fee
for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Communicating with you / Opting Out
If you are an existing customer, we provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we
ask for this information.If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by: following the
instructions included in each newsletter or communication updating your registered profile preferences
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change our privacy & security policy, we will post changes to this page. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page. The amended privacy & security policy will supersede and replace any previous policies with effect from the date on which it is posted on our website.